Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ready for cooler weahter

Ready for cooler weather

I am so ready for cooler weather! I run in a marathon training class at White Rock Lake in Dallas. This morning at 6am we started on our 13.3 mile run and the temperature was already 82 degrees and humid!

I know cooler weather is just ahead but I am impatient! The great State Fair of Texas starts this coming Friday! It seems we typically get a cool spell during the three week run of the fair.

I see mums and pumpkins at the stores and garden centers. That must be a sure sign that fall is just ahead. And haven't you all seen the Halloween costumes at the local retailers already.

And of course Friday night high school football has started. Most local high schools have already played for three weeks but before they get finished with the season cool weather will be upon us. Last year I went to a high school playoff game that was being played at SMU and the temperature was in the low 30's!

Summer, we enjoyed you but will be happy to pack you away until next year!! Fall, we anxiously await your arrival!!

No comments:

Post a Comment