Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In love with my career

In love with my career


Is that how you feel? The housing industry is ever changing but it is still so rewarding in many ways.

I got a call from a client that was wanting to see about purchasing a home with a Realtor I work with and was told she needed to call and get preapproval for a mortgage. She told me that she really didn't think they would be able to at this time but a job transfer could be in the works for her husband and they really didn't want to go into an apartment. They have three small children and really wanted a yard for them to be able to play in.

I did the mortgage interview with her and told her that I would be able to finance them a new home. To her surprise I told her that we could use his VA elgibility which she didn't even realize we could do a 100% loan. She started weeping on the phone as she was so thrilled!! She stated she couldn't wait to call her husband.

This past week we closed her and her husband on there new home. The new home has plenty of space for the children, has been totally remodeled and the mortgage payment is cheaper then the rent they were paying. It was a win win for everyone involved, especially me as it reminded me again of why I love my career.

Let's all remember to treat our clients and business partners with the greatest respect we can. May the excitement of our work keep us all in love with our careers. It's a tough market out there, but together we will all help each other and have a great time doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment